Facts About Early Lakehurst
- First International Airport in the United States was located
at Lakehurst Naval Air Station.
- Early forges made cannonballs for the Revolutionary Army of
- A Russian Embassy was once located in Lakehurst
- The Lakehurst Volunteer Fire Company was formed as the
Manchester Volunteer Fire Company in April 1911.
- Lakehurst was once a winter resort.
- Lakehurst was the home to major railroad shops and a
roundhouse. Due to the railroad, Lakehurst was active 24 hours-a-day, every
- Lakehurst is the home to several pre-Civil War structures and
many beautiful 19th century homes.
- Lake Horicon was the original name of New York State's famous
- The Borough Hall was once the town hall for Manchester
- The Museum, houses many secrets of Lakehurst's past. Stop in
for a pleasant surprise!
- Lakehurst is a great place to visit, shop, eat, relax, or
live and raise a family!
Historical Society Main Page